Industrial pressure washers can assist a business in cleaning and sanitizing machinery parts, tools, equipment, building surfaces, and much more. With various types available on the market, you might be wondering which pressure washer to choose. The ideal industrial high-pressure washer for you will largely depend on the needs of your specific project. Learn more about the applications for industrial pressure washers and the type best suited for your unique cleaning needs.
What Applications Use Industrial Pressure Washers?
Industrial equipment requires routine maintenance to minimize system or part failure. Cleaning is an essential part of that maintenance, as it eliminates grease, oil, dust, deposits, and dirt buildup, making it easier for technicians to service internal components like filters, engines, and brakes. Applications for maintenance-related pressure washing include:
- Machine tools (drills, presses, lathes, and more)
- Delivery and over-the-road trucks
- Loading docks
- Production area floors and walls
- Air compressors and heaters
- Cooling coils and towers
In addition to cleaning parts for maintenance, industrial washers can clean manufactured products before packaging and shipment. Manufacturing plants use these washers to clean goods made of rubber, fabricated metal, and plastic. Pressure washing systems also have varied production applications for industrial sectors like food processing, where there’s a constant need to clean and sanitize all tools, equipment, and conveyors with food contact-related tasks. To best achieve versatile uses, industrial pressure washers are available in more than one type.
Which Industrial Pressure Washer Do You Need?
Before you settle on a pressure washer, you’ll need to consider your application to find one that matches the type of cleaning that your project requires. Determine if you are planning to:
- Remove general dirt, scale, and deposits. To clean surfaces like floors, walls, decking, or sidewalks of general dirt debris that does not contain oil and grease, a cold water pressure washer can handle the job efficiently. Determine the size of the area you will be cleaning and the time in which you’ll need to finish the job to select a pressure washer of the correct size, gallons-per-minute (GPM) flow rate, and pounds-per-square-inch (PSI) pressure capacities.
- Remove grime. To get rid of grime, or dirt mixed up with oil and grease, then a hot water pressure washer model is ideal. The appropriate size and GPM and PSI ratings will largely depend once again on the amount of time you have to complete the cleaning, as well as the complexity of the job itself, as larger equipment better handles difficult cleans.
- Sanitize surfaces. Hot water pressure washers or steam models utilizing hot water and vapor are suitable for sanitation-related cleaning and removing bacteria and viruses. Steam systems often improve overall cleaning speed for higher levels of efficiency.
Pressure washers also come in compact, highly mobile configurations as well as stationary models. As the right pressure washer is one that fits your specific application, if you are still unsure of which type or size you need, it is best to reach out to professionals to select the ideal washing system.
Industrial Pressure Washers From Spartan Manufacturing
Spartan Manufacturing Corporation is a leader in developing cutting-edge techniques in pressure cleaning. Our success stems from our consistency in providing superior, durable industrial pressure washers and unparalleled customer support and service. Our collection of industrial pressure washers is available in numerous power and fuel options for washer types including:
- Central systems
We also provide custom pressure washers to fit any application if you can’t find a standard model that suits your needs. Beyond customization, we service and rebuild American-made pressure washers in a variety of makes and models. To best serve our customers, Spartan Manufacturing Corporation maintains a network of local locations for services near you.
In addition to producing high-quality equipment backed by over 45 years of experience, Spartan Manufacturing Corporation prioritizes customer satisfaction, which is why we are committed to exceptional service for our domestic and international customers. We design solutions that meet both our quality standards and customer expectations and specifications. All of our products come with a comprehensive lifetime guarantee of product quality and customer satisfaction, and we carry a wide-ranging inventory of products as well as replacement parts for systems we manufactured 10 or more years ago to reduce downtime. We’ll ship standard parts within 24 hours and overnight emergency parts to any U.S. location by air shipment.
If you still have questions about which pressure washer from our product catalog would be best for your specific application, or if you’re interested in our consulting and custom design services, contact us today and our dedicated team will be happy to help.